Ready to love again? This time, let’s make it last together.
Congratulations on deciding to take the next step with each other. If this is a remarriage
for you and/or your partner, PPIS Vista Sakinah, Centre for Remarriages and Stepfamilies, provides specialised programmes and services that nurture stepfamilies towards harmony, tranquillity, and stability.
The pre-marriage programmes include:
a. Remarriage Preparation Programme
– Program Memupuk Kasih
(PMK) or Nurturing Love Programme
(1) A personalised Orientation Session
Your journey begins with a personalized couple consultation session with a facilitator who will
walk you through your individual and couple strengths for the marriage, as well as your marriage
needs and goals.
(2) A one-day workshop
A workshop catered just for remarrying couples and their partner, which gives directions for
those hoping to build a resilient stepfamily that lasts a lifetime.
Here are some topics that will be covered in the workshop:
b. Children’s workshops
- Dynamics of building a new stepfamily
- Needs and expectations in a stepfamily
- Rights and obligations of stepparents
- Approach to stepparenting
- Tips to strengthen the relationship between spouses, relationship between stepparent & stepchildren
If you are attending the Program Memupuk Kasih
workshops and planning to step into a new marriage
soon, why not enrol your child in Keluarga Xtra
(Xtra Family) – a special workshop for children
aged 7 to 16 years that prepares children for the remarriage and new family that will be set up.
It will be conducted concurrently with the Remarriage Preparation Programme.
Topics covered during the workshop:
- Raising awareness about stepfamilies
- Discovering anxieties about parental remarriage
- Identifying the cycle of changes
- Learning to adjust and adapt to the new changes in stepfamily life
- Developing coping skills to deal with the changes
Following completion of the marriage preparation programme, you will receive a certificate of attendance. Please produce this certificate during the marriage registration process at ROMM.
PPIS Vista Sakinah also provides the following services to support remarrying couples and stepfamilies at the post-marriage stage:
- Counselling and Therapeutic services – for stepfamilies delving on issues related to remarriage preparation, stepfamily adjustment, marital, child-related matters, and others
- Enrichment and supportive services for couples in stepfamilies – aimed at strengthening the couple, parental and familial bonds within a stepfamily
Ready to register?
Call PPIS Vista Sakinah at 6891 3090
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
. You may also register for the PMK programme online at www.ppis.sg