Singapore Government
Text Size A  100%  A 
Contact Info | Feedback | Sitemap
About ROMM
Marriage Info

Heading 1

Marriage Info > Preparing for Marriage (21 years and above)
Preparing for Marriage  
     21 years and above  
     Aged 18 years old to below 21 years old  
       New requirements for    marriages involving    minors with effect    from Oct 2018  
     Muslim Converts  
  Time Factor  
  Registration & Solemnization Fee  
  Maskahwin & Marriage Expenses  
  Witnesses for Solemnization  
  Kadi & Naib Kadi  
  Marriage Preparation Programmes  
  Other Information  
  Application for Marriage  
  Registering a Marriage  
  Confirming a Registration  
  Changing Solemnization Details  
  Cancelling Solemnization  
  Solemnization of Marriage  
  Solemnization of Muslim marriage  
  Other Types of Marriages  
  Revocation of Divorce  
Requirements for Registration in ROMM (21 years and above)
NRIC (For Singaporean & Singapore PR) or passport for foreigners
Click here to check for important documents that are required for your registration
The presence of the bride's Wali and his NRIC/passport
Photocopy of NRIC or passport of two witnesses
Conditions apply to the following cases:
If one of you is a Singaporean/PR and spouse-to-be is a foreigner -
If the foreigner spouse-to-be is a work permit holder or ex work permit holder, you are advised to obtain prior approval to marry from Controller of Work Permits, Ministry of Manpower, before you register for marriage. The Registry shall not be liable for any consequences resulting from your failure to do so. For further enquiries, please contact the Work Permit Office. For application or information on eligibility to stay in Singapore after marriage, kindly check with the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority.
  & Checkpoints Authority (ICA)

  Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
  Address:   ICA Building
  10, Kallang Road
  (Next to Lavender MRT
  Singapore 208718

  Address:   1500 Bendemeer Road
  Singapore 339946
   Tel:   6391 6100   Tel:
  6438 5122
1. Verification and Statutory Declaration: The bride and groom, together with the bride's lawful Wali are required to come to ROMM at the same time prior to your solemnization date. Please ensure that you bring along the necessary documents for verification.
2. If your NRIC is lost and you do not have a valid passport, you are required to produce a letter from ICA stating your NRIC number, name, address and date of birth as recorded in your NRIC, affixed with your photograph and duly endorsed by ICA.
3. If the bride has lost all contacts with her Wali, or he is bedridden, in a rehabilitative institution or abroad, she is advised to come with her mother or her immediate next of kin, whichever is applicable. Please have the following documents available for verification:
  • Valid NRIC or passport of bride's mother/next of kin
  • Rehabilitation visit card if her Wali is in rehabilitative institution
  • Bride's birth certificate if she has lost all contacts with her Wali
  • A letter of consent and a letter of authorisation from the bride‚Äôs Wali if he is abroad and is unable to be present for the registration and solemnization due to extenuating circumstances. Please note that the letter of consent must be signed before a Commissioner for Oaths, whereas, the letter of authorization must be pronounced and signed in the presence of a religious official. Download the authorisation and consent forms here:

    ( Authorisation form - pdf PDF document )
    ( Authorisation form - In Malay - pdf PDF document )
    ( Consent form - pdf PDF document )

Last Updated: 21 September 2018